The sky is cloudy, which makes the trees touched by orange, red, and yellow jump out against the gray background. The air is cool, almost chilly, particularly when the breeze stirs the leaves. My sweater and I kept company all morning. The leaves beginning to accumulate on the ground belong there today; yesterday they seemed absurd. I'm about to have a bowl of hot soup for lunch. Sweat is nowhere to be found on me, unlike during the last three days of unseasonable heat. My apartment is a pleasant temperature. Driving around doesn't almost give me heat exhaustion (or at least the need for a clean shirt and an entire deoderant stick). It felt good to sleep under the quilt last night. I needed a jacket when I left the apartment this morning.
In other words, fall has returned. Welcome back, my favorite season. I sure missed you! Hooray for seasonal weather. I'm happy again. Thanks to all of you reading for putting up with my last couple of posts. Hope your weather, wherever you are, is behaving seasonably as well.
1 comment:
Bravo! I, sadly, left Fall behind in Wake Forest. But, it is coolish here in Tally.
Post a Comment