Well, I'm back (with apologies to Samwise Gamgee).
Music of the moment: mix CD from LW (thank you!), Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack, Garden State soundtrack
Hi friends! Wow, I didn't mean to let 2 weeks go by since my last post. It's been a REALLY busy time around Brandy Hall. To quickly summarize: in the last two weeks, I've gotten EMPLOYED 3 times (hallelujah!), we've gotten curtains for our living room and moved all kinds of furniture around and sent more boxes to their final resting places, I've started 2 of the 3 jobs, we've spent lots of time hanging out with our good friends G and K who were in town for a few days (YAY! and happy b-day, K!), and I got sick with a decidedly YUCKY bug and am now slowly but definitely on the mend. My husband, the Once and Future Librarian, has been busy too...school is in full gear now, and he has one long day after another. But he's absolutely loving it. And I'm glad he's loving it. I'm very happily married to a total library nerd. ;-)
So I'll fill in a few of the blanks now. I've been hired by a community music school to work in their office 25-ish hours a week. At the same school, I've also become the manager/librarian for the student orchestra. That will bring me a few more hours, especially at the beginnings and ends of concert cycles. Some of you may remember that I had a similar stint at a community music school on the east coast a few years back...that school was a lot bigger than this one is, but my current place of employment is high on good, fun people and the charm of the do-it-yourself, small, not-for-profit environment. And the pay is actually quite decent. I like it a lot so far.
So that's two of my jobs. The third job is (finally!) directly in my field. I got a choir director position at a pretty little Presbyterian church about 25 miles from here...very nice folks, and apparently very dedicated choir members. Hooray! I'm looking forward to my first rehearsal with the choir this Wednesday night. I've really been missing the beautiful church choir I left behind in FL, so hopefully this will help to fill that void.
Open question to the masses: have any of you read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger? I haven't finished it yet, but I'm getting close (thanks to having fever and feeling yucky for 3 days) and I'm dying to chat with folks about it. But no spoilers yet, please...I'll let everyone know when I'm done. Thanks to my little bro, D, for giving me this book...it's really kind of mind-boggling and addictive.
There is a delicious breeze blowing in the window, and it carries with it an invitation to me to put on my shoes and go for a little walk before it gets dark and chilly. I think I will accept the invitation: after 3 days of lying around, I need to move and breathe deep and be outside! And I'm still feeling groggy from my nap this afternoon...even the day after your fever breaks, you still feel exhausted! So outside I will go, while wishing all of you a lovely evening. I miss you all! Hope all is well in your world. Hugs all around. :-)
1 comment:
Time Traveler's Wife!!!!
Oh god, sweetie, are you OK? Did you finish it. Please email when you do, we'll discuss what I think is an exquisite and odd love story.
BTW, Surfacing is the title of one of M.Atwood's first novels. Good stuff.---Julia
Post a Comment